Friday, January 21, 2011

package body "DEV_MDS.MDS_INTERNAL_SHREDDED" has errors

after upgrading from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.1.4, I get this error:

oracle.mds.exception.MDSExceptionList: MDS-01329: unable to load element "persistence-config"
MDS-01370: MetadataStore configuration for metadata-store-usage "OWSM_TargetRepos" is invalid.
ORA-04063: package body "DEV_MDS.MDS_INTERNAL_SHREDDED" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "DEV_MDS.MDS_INTERNAL_SHREDDED"
ORA-06512: at line 1


even if I drop the schemas and create again, I still have the problem. I tried reinstalling SOASuite, nothing.

I have uninstalled OracleXE, reinstalled it, before I run RCU I do:

set RCU_JDBC_TRIM_BLOCKS=TRUE

and :

run SQLPlus
conn system/oracle (or whatever password)
show parameter processes

by default “processes” should be 40. We should make it 300:

alter system set processes=300 scope=spfile;

conn / as sysdba
shutdown immediate

startup

conn / as sysdba

show parameter sga

(sga_target should be 768MB)
alter system set sga_target=350M scope=spfile;
alter system set sga_max_size=350M scope=spfile;
shutdown immediate
startup




and it works....

If you still get errors, open the 3 MDS packages in Oracle SQL Developer and recompile them, you should get rid of the MDS SHREDDED bla error message


Lesson learned:
a) always wait a couple of weeks from a software release before you install the product yourself
b) choose a volunteer to perform the installation, and give the green light to the others only after he has successfully tested the product

11 comments:

Chintan Shah said...

That was great. How did you figure it out?

Chintan

Pierluigi Vernetto said...

when you are desperate you try literally everything...

Ganesh Gowthaman said...

After dropping/recreating/reinstalling the oracle xe I finally ended up with this error. And your post helped me to fix it.

Thanks Pierluigi Vernetto for posting this.

Cheers
Ganesh

Pierluigi Vernetto said...

I am very glad to have been of some help, Ganesh. Incidentally I always have a small statue of Lord Ganesh with me whenever I go, he protects me and gives me courage.

Marcos Thompson said...

Thank you so much! It works now.

Just to start a knowledge base here:
I was using the same files without a problem on my old noteboook but started to have some issues on my new one. They have similar specs, the biggest difference is the OS version: Win7 (32bits) vs Win7 (64bits).

Maybe is a problem with the JDK 64bits?

Pierluigi Vernetto said...

Win 7 64bit is indeed problematic, please do use JDK 64bit all the time for WebLogic ( JDev should work fine with a 32 bit JDK)

cbarr said...

Thanks.

I had the same issue and was able to resolve it without re-installing Oracle XE. It was only the RCU_JDBC_TRIM_BLOCKS environment variable that needed to be set when re-creating the MDS schema using RCU.

Rafi said...

Great work.After uninstalling XE Database,I again installed,By compiling packages. then setting parameter and running rcu worked

Bruno Barrios said...

Hey Brother, Thanks a LOT!

I had to come here to say that you helped a lot lot lot!!!

Just for information, i got the same problem, but I didn't Unistalled OracleXE database... i only did this:

1) Got sick with the problem... lol
1.5) Stoped Weblogic.
2) Run rcu.bat and choosed drop->next..next..next..drop..finish..
3) Open SQL and did all this post say you to do to set the parameters
4) Run rcu.bat and choosed create.
5) Started Weblogic and saw:"SOA Platform is running and accepting requests"
6) I got happy!! ;)

Thanks and cya!!
Bruno Barrios
Brazil

Pierluigi Vernetto said...

hey Bruno thanks a lot. It's comments like your which keep me motivated to write this blog

GenericParallel for OSB said...

Thank you!

3 years passed, but the new OSB 12's RCU still has the same problem with the very same packages.

And RCU_JDBC_TRIM_BLOCKS=TRUE fixes it.

Thank you again!