Monday, February 22, 2010

Clientgen and XMLBeans

I was using clientgen to generate a Java Client for our WLI processes, and I was getting very frustrated at having all the Data Types  generated as JAXB-annotated POJOs - which is not particularly advantageous when you already have the same Data Types in the project as XMLBeans object.
I am particularly fond of XMLBeans and I don't see why I should switch to another technology.

Well, it turns out that there is a UNDOCUMENTED (at least in 9.2) flag to have clientgen use XMLBeans:


Some more documentation here:

thanks to Luciano Fiandesio for bringing this to my attention.

Anyway I have tried to make XMLBeans work inside Weblogic Workshop, no way, always NoClassDefFoundError even if I set correctly the classpath, I give up and go back to JAXB.

No comments: